Sunday 7 September 2014

Sold : Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium

http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,13657.0.html

Sale includes Swiss-made Ball Hydrocarbon Titanium John Hembel Limited Edition model no. DM1036A with 3 watch straps (original bracelet, new Ball soft rubber strap and imported reptile leather strap), recent service papers at Ball Malaysia (RM2,000+) and watch case. No scratches on bezel, case, crown, guard and sapphire, and kept for collection. This beautiful titanium piece is as good as new when adorning one's wrist with no visible dings or scratches, and represents a bargain at my asking price of RM4,800 (or nearest offer); compared to the stainless steel model no. DM2036A with RRP : RM11,190. 

Dial is clean and uncluttered; and of course, you would have fun staring at its 32 micro gas tubes (that Ball is famous for) at nights. Specs include Swiss ETA 2836-2, cold temperature resistance up till -40 degree Celcius, shock resistance up till 7,500Gs, anti-magnetic to 12,000A/m, anti-reflective convex sapphire crystal, and water resistance up till 300m. Basically a Swiss-grade G-Shock for someone whom would appreciate style and quality.

A sporty watch to match your sporty life  :thumbsup: , although not necessarily a pre-requisite. Boring down-to-earth guys like me can wear it at ease too  ;D








This is an absolute bargain compared to some other pre-owned Ball Hydrocarbon in the market. After I posted the advert on Malaysia Watch Forum, there were a few parties whom contacted me to finalise towards the sale. The offers ranged from RM2k (seriously?!) to RM4.4k, although I would like to let it go as close to RM4.8k as possible as it was very much of a bargain price.

Another chap contacted me to say that he was considering between my Hydrocarbon John Hembel and another member's Hydrocarbon Spacemaster, which he informed had a newer crown protection system. That got me rather interested and I looked at some of the pics that were sent my way :





To educate the chap whom wrote to me and since he was also assessing this blog, here were some of my observations :

1) As far as I knew, Ball patented its crown protection system and even the latest Ball Hydrocarbon watches were using the same system. 



2) Next, I find that the John Hembel was more symmetrical having the numbers 3, 6, 9 and 12 in tritium gas tubes, compared to the Spacemaster that had a missing "3" due to its day-date layout. The bezel was exactly the same for both watches, only the dials were different. Having said that, all Ball watches were mesmerising to watch in the dark due to its Christmas-like tritium gas tubes.



3) Further, John Hembel was a discontinued limited edition produced in titanium, a more premium metal; compared to the Spacemaster in stainless steel and non-LE.

4) My John Hembel was recently serviced at more than RM2k+ from Ball Malaysia for peace of mind, and had ZERO scratches from its frontal and side profiles at all;

5) The chap, while apologetic, found that the John Hembel was expensive and offered a lower price. It was perfectly acceptable to negotiate for a deal; but he was comparing my watch to the Spacemaster that the seller wanted RM5.5k for. And a quick search online found that other pre-owned John Hembel overseas were selling at circa RM6k onwards, and not in the same pristine condition as mine. And the only other John Hembel that was available and selling in Malaysia at this time, was being let go by a pre-owned shop at RM12.5k negotiable.



So anyone interested to have an affordable and pristine Ball Hydrocarbon John Hembel, feel free to e-mail my way. I am travelling again shortly so I would entrust a nearby friend to keep some of my watches for sale from time to time, on consignment basis. He draws a small commission from the sale for this time and effort and I get to save my time, so fair's fair. You can Whatsapp AC @ +6017-328 three six one eight.


Update : The Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium has been reserved shortly after the blog entry was put up, and here's wishing that the new owner would enjoy this beautiful timepiece for many years to come. Wear your watch in good health, mate!

13 comments:

  1. Absolute bargain at circa USD1.5k! How much to ship to here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am willing to take the Ball Hydrocarbon at your price of RM4,800. I already send a Whatsapp message to your friend. I want it tonight. I am located at Bandar Utama. Please revert immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Mr Wang, someone has already contacted me for this timepiece. Thank you for your interest though.

      Delete
    2. How much is the person offering you for the Ball Hydrocarbon? I am willing to pay extra to secure the watch. RM5,500 to deal tonight?

      Delete
    3. Sorry Mr Wang, I already gave my word to the intended buyer.

      Delete
    4. I really like the watch. I have been wanting one for years. Last offer - I can give you RM7,000 cash to deal tonight. It's a good offer, my friend.

      Delete
    5. Sorry. Please stop making offers. Watch is spoken for. Please stop messaging me on this watch. You are welcomed to look at my other watches though.

      Delete
    6. Last offer - RM8,000 to deal at Bandar Utama tonight. Cash. You make more money selling to me. Think seriously.

      Delete
    7. You are either a joker, or a really serious watch collector. But either way, sorry, the watch has been reserved. Any other messages from you on this matter, I would have to bar accordingly. Please respect my decision. Thank you.

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

  3. People always want to use these watches. Some people think these watches are too much costly. But I can say these watches worth these prices.
    Ball watches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep posting such kind of informative stuff.
    This Article seems to me an unique one.
    Quality and supreme design, colors and materials are really amazing.
    Still now this brand one of the most authentic one.
    This time in the marketplace Leslie gold watches is
    one of the most leading brand because of their uniqueness.
    Surely It’s particular from any other brand.
    Check it out Ball watches

    ReplyDelete